Tuesday, October 6, 2009

New Face in the Crowd

My greetings to all who call themselves capsuleers. These tidings come from the humble Gallentean standing before you now, one Caels Caldanhai.

Please allow me to enunciate my name, for often others' tongues have awkwardly stumbled across its strange countenance. Caels is one syllable, the 'C' masquerading as the letter 'K' in sound alone, and the remaining rhyming with the word 'ails'. Caldanhai is three syllables: CAL-dan-hai. 'CAL' is the point of emphasis and is pronounced exactly the same as the Terran word 'call', whereas 'dan' is shortened into 'dun', and the letter 'h' in 'hai' is unaspirated entirely leave the last syllable to rhyme with 'eye'.

Ahh, now that we are past the formalities of proper pronunciation, let us move on to who, what, and why I am.

I am a capsuleer, like many who will read this: destined for greatness -- whether in success or failure remains unforeseen. There are many roles in our universe, to which I aspire: everything from mining and industry to ratting, covert ops, and, eventually, commanding my own fleets and perhaps corporations.

'Why do I spread my skills so widely,' one might ask. The answer to that seems simple to me, though it seems lost to most other capsuleers. I do it because I want to do it. It is my driving purpose: this desire to experience life in New Eden from as many perspectives as possible. Even pirating, as distasteful as such acts might be, is not something I am willing to completely disregard as a potential path in my career.

I have been following other capsuleers' written accounts for a few weeks now, and I have decided that this is also another route that interests me. Thank you for your attention (assuming I have held any) and I look forward to working with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment